Monday, April 30, 2018

30 Day Art Challenge Days 11-14

Once again, I find myself playing catch-up.
But I am finally over the wicked cold, and hopefully I can keep myself on a schedule.
Without further ado, Here is the continuation of the 30 Day Art Challenge:
To recap:
 30 Day Art Challenge
  1. Flight 
  2. Dreams or Dreamscape 
  3. Darkness 
  4. Character 
  5. Love 
  6. Motherhood 
  7. Nature 
  8. Movement 
  9. Astrology 
  10. Harmony 
  11. Technology 
  12. Lightness 
  13. Water 
  14. Sweet 
  15. Out of Time 
  16. Reflections 
  17. Purity 
  18. Solitude 
  19. Freedom 
  20. Joy 
  21. Mystery 
  22. Childhood
  23. Fantasy 
  24. Companion 
  25. Abstract 
  26. Modern 
  27. Wish 
  28. Happiness 
  29. Comfort 
  30. Self 
So I have 4 to get through today.
Day 11 - Technology.

This one was hard.  The first piece I did was a take on Medusa with USB cables instead of snakes as hair, however after the third person asked me what was on her head, I changed tactics.  I still think Medusa is a decent idea.
I had also sketched out a cartoon with a cellphone instead of a head, but that one terrified my daughter, so I went with plan c.
Technology, Digital Drawing

This drawing was done on my cellphone using a free app called PaperDraw.  I don't have a stylus, so I had to use my finger.  After several failed attempts at smooth lines using my finger on my rather cheap cell, I decided to just go with what works.

The convergence of art and technology.  I might investigate the app a bit more.  It might be worth it to keep sketch or concept ideas on the phone.  I am a bit old fashioned still, though.  I like my paper journals.

Next, Day 12 - Lightness.
Ok, Light.
So, on this one, I went dark.   The light for me really contrasts with the darkness around it.
Enchanted, Soft Pastels on Paper
It felt like a fairy tale.  I will probably use this idea to illustrate my daughter's story that she is diligently working on.


Day 13 - Water

I got home super late the other night, and realized that not only had i not done my sketch, but most of my art supplies were left at my mom's house. (I had so many good intentions when I packed that bag)...  Instead I spent four hours grooming the dog and didn't draw a thing. Granted he is an awfully cute dog, especially when he is clean and clipped.

Time Stealing Dog -- Still a cutie.

So I used my daughter's supplies (with her permission).
Water, Soft Pastels on Paper


For this one, I followed an online tutorial.  It was fun.  I have never drawn anything like that before.

I was a bit more limited because I didn't have all of the colors I normally would, but I do like the way it came out, even without my own supplies.  Honestly I will definitely work on this style a bit to see what else I can get.

Day 14 - Sweet

Initially I had wanted to draw a piece of highly detailed candy, all of the contours and colors... but my mind went to another interpretation of sweet.

Again, online tutorials are my friend.  I will find links and post them below when I am at my home computer.
Sweet, Oil Pastels and Colored Pencils on Paper

Now when I look at this image, especially after the day I had, I want to jump in and sit on that swing in the moonlight.  I also want to get another kitten, but that is a subject for another day.

So there we go.  All caught up again.
Tomorrow, Day 15!  Half way!!!

Out of time.  (OK... that is going to be a challenge.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment